Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#73368 by joshhuggins
Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:01 pm
I am getting ready to save a large set of entities to symbols in which I would like to have some of the layers of the entities turned off by default in the symbol, so that later the layers can be turned on if needed using the super cool new Layer Control. There isn't any way to do that at the creation time is there? I don't think there is but figured I would ask just in case. I know I can manually edit the symbols one by one and turn off the layers and re-save the symbol but that would take a lot of time. Just want to make sure someone didn't have a cool trick for this before I get started.

And if not, if Dave can think of a way to add this into the Save Symbol routine that would be killer! :D
#73372 by joshhuggins
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:15 pm
(...gets off phone with Dave) I was staring at the screenshot for the other post when we hung up and I was like huh? What if it's done after the entity selection? :D If not feasible no worries. Needed a photoshop break anywho. (Don't hate me) :lol:

But how about those cool little arrows for reordering the symbol fields Jim? :twisted:
Attachments
Save Symbols Dialog.png
Save Symbols Dialog.png (24.79 KiB) Viewed 3441 times
#73373 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:18 pm
joshhuggins wrote:(...gets off phone with Dave) I was staring at the screenshot for the other post when we hung up and I was like huh? What if it's done after the entity selection? :D If not feasible no worries. Needed a photoshop break anywho. (Don't hate me) :lol:

But how about those cool little arrows for reordering the symbol fields Jim? :twisted:

You're killin' me here! :mrgreen:
#73375 by jimgoodman
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:56 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:
joshhuggins wrote:(...gets off phone with Dave) I was staring at the screenshot for the other post when we hung up and I was like huh? What if it's done after the entity selection? :D If not feasible no worries. Needed a photoshop break anywho. (Don't hate me) :lol:

You're killin' me here! :mrgreen:

You can never have enough arrows :P