Support on o2c files (Objects 2 See) and o2c Interactive!
#73646 by spencer5x5
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:24 am
I have created many 3d models for clients and presentations. One in particular I need to make some revisions to, but I can't find the cad file it was created with. Has anyone figured out a way to change an o2c object back into a DataCAD file?
#73647 by Mark F. Madura
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:29 am
Convert an o2c file to a DataCAD drawing using the Insert menu:
- Create a new drawing.
- From the Insert pull-down menu, select o2c Object.
- Make sure Extract textures is checked.
- Leave Overwrite existing textures unchecked.
- Make notre of where the textures will be extracted to. The default is \DataCAD XX\Textures\
- Browse to and select the file you want to insert into your drawing. The highlighted file should appear in the preview window. If it does not, DataCAD was not able to read the file.
- Select Open. DataCAD will convert the object to a symbol and bring you to the Insert Symbol menu.
- You can place the object like any symbol. Toggle on the Explode option if you want to edit the geometry in the main drawing. Otherwise, you'll need to use the Symbol Editor to modify the object. If you Explode the object, toggle on Orig Layers and toggle off BindMaterial.
Note: All of the surfaces will be imported as three-sided, 3D polygons.
#73650 by spencer5x5
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:21 pm
Thanks Mark!

It worked well. I'd love to have it in cad fomat as I created it, but being able to edit it at all is better than I had hoped for. I has thought that inserting the o2c object would just insert it as an image. But it did just as you said it would. Thank you!