Post off topic threads here.
#73676 by Ted B
Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:18 am
The only thing I've run across that's both is some specially-treated LSL strand-board engineered lumbers. But I've never used it personally. Supposedly they use it along the Shore for decks on condos.

As I've been told; PT Southern Pine can be fire-retardant treated, but there's nothing-left of the wood's durability or strength. And many of us remember the debacle of fire-treated plywood roofs that failed after installation. I haven't done condos in nearly 18-years, but I never really found a good detail for decks once the issue of fire-rating them came-about. The other problem not-discussed is the limited life-cycle of most decks. PT Southern Pine, and the HD galvanized fasteners only have a 10-yr. warrenty, and many start rotting before that...
#73680 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:24 am
Thanks, Ted. I am seeing a pattern - this is not something that is available. I got a couple responses on the DBUG forum, as well:

From David Porter:
Check out this website by Hoover treated products: https://www.frtw.com/?q=exteriorfirex
That web site says that when fire treated wood is exposed to the weather, it needs waterproof coating.

From Mark Wilhelm:
I don't think you'll find this. A firm I write specs for did a deep search, thinking they needed it for a high rise building. I don't believe they found it, because they never got me info to put in the spec. If you do find it, please let me know.

We will have to use fire resistant wood, and protect it from moisture.
#73696 by Dave
Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:43 pm