What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#73874 by Mark Bell
Wed May 16, 2018 1:54 am
When toggling between plan and elevation views the crosshair remains set at the last B-Tangents angle of the current view. If there are angled walls or a rotated plan and the crosshair is set at an angle, the crosshair remains at this B-tangent angle when switching to an elevation view. Similarly, if the crosshair is set at the pitch of a roof and the view toggles back to plan, the crosshair remains at the roof pitch B-tangents angle.

Wishlist - add view dependent crosshair angles (B-tangents) that allow a separate B-tangent view to be set up in both plan and elevation views. When each view is made active, the crosshair will switch to the angle set in that view.
#73875 by David A. Giesselman
Wed May 16, 2018 5:46 am
Mark Bell wrote:... Wishlist - add view dependent crosshair angles (B-tangents) that allow a separate B-tangent view to be set up in both plan and elevation views. When each view is made active, the crosshair will switch to the angle set in that view.

Mark, you do know that B-tangents are remembered with saved views?

Dave
#73879 by Mark Bell
Wed May 16, 2018 6:24 pm
Hello Dave,
To be honest I'd overlooked that feature as I've been working 'live' between views without saving them. If there's a way to implement this without first saving the views that would be useful. If not, at least there's a workaround to having the crosshair remember it's screen setting using saved views.
Thanks.
#73881 by David A. Giesselman
Thu May 17, 2018 6:57 am
Mark Bell wrote:... To be honest I'd overlooked that feature as I've been working 'live' between views without saving them. If there's a way to implement this without first saving the views that would be useful. If not, at least there's a workaround to having the crosshair remember it's screen setting using saved views.

Mark,

Do you make use of Multi-view Windows? Would it help you if I were to update them to remember their B-Tangents settings?

Dave
#73892 by Mark Bell
Thu May 17, 2018 7:03 pm
Hello Dave,
You must have been reading my thoughts as I began using the MVW's yesterday as an alternative only to realise they don't (yet) support remembering crosshair alignment either. Adding this to the MVW.s would certainly be useful.
Thanks.
#73899 by David A. Giesselman
Fri May 18, 2018 6:39 am
Mark Bell wrote:You must have been reading my thoughts as I began using the MVW's yesterday as an alternative only to realise they don't (yet) support remembering crosshair alignment either. Adding this to the MVW.s would certainly be useful.

Look for it in an upcoming update as I've written it yesterday.

Dave