Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#73759 by GARY247
Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:53 pm
We have a office standard dsf attribute for a room finish schedule which I cannot alter. Is there a way if I create a new dsf file by copying and pasting the old one and then altering and redefining the copied attribute to the new dsf location much like an xref?
#73767 by GARY247
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:55 am
I can't do that as it is an office standard dsf which cannot be modifed. I used the office standard attribute and realized after completing the finish schedule that I needed to modify it in order to fit two schedules side by side to fit within the border confines. What I was looking to do was to modify the path of the standard attribute in the schedule to a modified one in the job specific symbol file. I was trying to avoid having to do the finish schedule over again.
#73770 by joshhuggins
Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:36 pm
Ctrl+Right click on the symbol, Symbol Tools, Save As to create a new symbol and then you can edit that symbol as needed in the symbol browser.
#74103 by GARY247
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:13 pm
The problem is I already started using the symbol in a door schedule and the problem arises when trying to fit two schedules onto one sheet. I cannot alter the original dsf symbol as it is an office standard. I need to be able to redefine the dsf to another file which I can then alter so I do not affect the standard dsf symbol much like redefining an xref.
The standard dsf is multiple attributes. I need to alter the path of the standard one I used to the one I copied in another file so I can alter it.
#74104 by joshhuggins
Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:47 pm
Once you've created the new symbol insert it into your drawing and then you can Ctrl+Right Click on the first symbol in the drawing and pick Symbol Tools, Replace. Then click on the first symbol, then click on the new symbol. Now you can click on each instance of the symbol you want to replace with the new version. Test it with one symbol at first to make sure the attributes convert to your liking. If it looks good, you can replace all of the instances of the first symbol with the new symbol you want.