Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#74550 by SawyerCD
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:53 am
Hi there DataCAD users,

Just got a quick question about Line types not working right. When drawing a revision cloud I always use treeline. It would be handy if I could just use the polygon tool with its line type set as tree line to
quickly place a revision cloud. But, alas, nothing can be simple! :? When I do this the treeline line type is facing the wrong way so my revision cloud looks more like a half eaten cookie.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
#74551 by MtnArch
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:06 am
I didn't think this was true, but I just tried it and it doesn't matter which way you draw the polyline - it always puts the line direction the wrong way.

Sounds like a feature request for Mr. Wizard (Dave G.) to address!
#74552 by Mark F. Madura
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:48 am
You can use a Polyline instead (draw in a clockwise direction). You can still use 3D Polygons, but you'll need to flip the normal in order to reverse the order of points from counter-clockwise (normal up) to clockwise (normal down).

When you create the 3D Polygon, toggle Normal Up off and draw the shape in a clockwise direction.

To correct an existing 3D Polygon, go to 3D Entity, Polygons, Edit, Flip Normal and select the entity to reverse the order of points.