Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#65161 by gcarter
Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:49 pm
The most frequent problem i have with DWG imports is a message "Invalid zoom window defined".
What is the ACAD sender doing wrong in the export process?

Regards

Geoff
#65162 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:19 am
Hi Geoff,

If all the layers are on, then that message means there are no entities in the file. And usually this means they are using an overlay program that has proprietary entities that are not getting exported in the DWG. They would need to save a copy of their file, and then "explode" the proprietary entities and then export the DWG.
#74956 by JSmith
Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:41 am
Hi Geoff,
I'm running into the same issue when trying to import .dxf files. Would doing the same resolve that issue as well?

Thank you,
Jeremy Smith
#76208 by SonnyBJ04
Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:53 pm
I am having the same problem even if the DWG file is exploded as was suggested. I'm using DataCAD X3 and the AutoCAD files are from ACAD 4.

I used to be able to open the DWG files but all of a sudden there is no way I can do it.
#76215 by gcarter
Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:32 pm
The workaround I have used is to open in an ACAD reader and save in as early a version as possible
The problem has always been a proprietary symbol. for example recently a power outlet which appears in R12 as both horizontal and vertical elevations plus the electrical symbol and a freezer door which appears in R12 in several different width options.