Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#75942 by Lars
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:43 am
I'm having an issue with arcs not displaying. Ive brought in an aluminum window frame from a manufacturer, but none of the arcs are showing up. I can see the center points, so I know that they're there but why cant I see them unless I move the object? Regen will not show them either. I've tried making them a polyline to show them with no success either. Is there a setting that is off somewhere? The arcs are small. (as they are for any aluminum extrusion.)

Thanks!
#75943 by joshhuggins
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:01 am
Maybe check the linetype or the line spacing?
#75953 by Mark F. Madura
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:08 pm
What color are they? Are they too dark to see on a black background? Are they very far from the drawing origin? You can use the Coordinate Identification shortcut [?] (i.e. [Shift] + [/]), then click on a point at the center of the arc. DataCAD will display the X, Y, and Z coordinates on the Attention toolbar. If you identify one of the arcs, does DataCAD indicate it's an arc? Or does it identify as a different entity type? If the mystery continues, you can send the file to help@datacad.com and we'll take a look at it.
#76003 by Lars
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:05 am
The arcs are identified as arcs. The coordinates are around 20' from the origin with zbase and height set to 0.

Line color is cyan, white, or yellow. Line Type is Solid with Spacing set to 1.

The radius is tiny though... .025" (because its imported from an aluminum window manuf.)

They still print, but do not show on the screen.

I'm wondering if I have a graphics card compatibility issue with DC?

I'm running an Nvidia - NVS 300. (not quadro)
#76006 by MtnArch
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:03 am
In the side menus, go to Utility/Display/Arc Factor and change it to something large (I like to use 10). The smaller the factor (like 1) the more segmented the arcs get - and eventually won't show up if the arc is too tiny.
#76012 by Lars
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:16 pm
Check that... its still doing it.

I think it may have something to do with constantly zooming in and out? Essentially zooming out sets my view scale really small, which means the tiny arcs would not be generated? Zooming closely in and hitting U shows the arcs.

Esc. seems to have no affect at all.
#76020 by Mark F. Madura
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:38 pm
Lars wrote:I think that may have been it. Mine was set to 50.

In general, I would not recommend setting the Arc Factor (a per-drawing setting) to a value greater than 10. Doing so can greatly reduce the performance of the display list. 3 should be adequate in most cases and 10 should be more than enough in most cases.

There are some display-related settings in DCADWIN.ini that you may want to adjust.

[Display]
Max Vectors=15000
; Number of vectors to display at once after recalculating the display (i.e., Regen).

Max Entities=10000
; Number of entities to draw before checking for an interrupt such as Panning or Dynamic Panning. If you have a fast display adapter, you can increase this value to reduce flicker when you use Dynamic Panning (entities filled with either hatch patterns or bitmaps are excluded).

[Display List]
Min Arc Vectors=24
; Minimum number of vectors to draw for arcs, circles, and ellipses (symbols and XREFs excluded).
; The higher the value, the smoother arcs will display without a regen.