Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#75989 by Joe Russillo
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:36 pm
Using version 17, I have a file with multiple (25 or so) 8 1/2 x 11 'pages' that I'd like to batch plot to pdf files. I've set up a GTV for each page, with the view centered in the center of the page. The pages are all on the same layers and lined up next to one another, so not stacked.

As I understand batch plotting, I should simply be able to click all the GTVs listed in the Batch Plot dialog box, and each GTV will be printed (the plot settings work here, and don't seem to be part of the problem). Note that the Quick Layout option is NOT selected when I attempt to batch plot. Yet, when I run the batch plot, I get 25 versions of the same sheet - the last one I Quick Layout-ed.

I'd love to be able to make revisions to each of the sheets and not have to quick layout each of them every time I make a revision. I'm sure I'm missing something simple here. Any help would be much appreciated.

-Joe
#75990 by joshhuggins
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:59 pm
When batch plotting GTV's the GTV's need to be stacked. Other option would be to use MSP to layout the GTV's stacked but my preference would be to create additional layers and update the GTV's with the correct layers to be on for each GTV. If this job is almost done, I would probably just manually print it and then just setup the next job with a new base file where the GTV's are stacked.

The quick layout check box just includes an additional print of whatever is currently turned on on the screen. It doesn't bypass anything. Not sure why someone would use it in conjunction with batch plotting but you never know.