Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#76096 by David Porter
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:14 pm
I think I have had this problem a couple of times before and fixed it but can't recall how. Below I show a hatch pattern snipit I have saved into a template. The one on the left has been inserted into a drawing unexploded. The one on the right has been exploded. I have the same hatch pattern on a different DCAD drawing and the exploded version stretched out to fill all parts of the elevation drawing, looks just like the image on the left (unexploded view). Now on a new drawing, I cannot insert the exploded version without it doing its craziness with the goofy lines.

Any thoughts on what is causing this and how to fix it? When I look at the hatch pattern info, it matches up to the info for the same hatch pattern in the other drawing where it shows up just fine.
Attachments
Fuzzy hatch.png
#76098 by David Porter
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:03 pm
I found the problem and the fix, for anyone who may run into the fuzzy hatch pattern lines in the future.

I found that the drawing origin was 10494' away in the y-direction and 20109' away in the x-direction from the 0-0 point. I had started this plan from the surveyor's property drawing and they typically use real-world coordinates to place the properties.

When I moved the drawing back to the 0-0 location, the fuzzy lines of the hatch pattern reverted back to the solid lines they should be.
#76217 by cadline
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:49 am
This could also be caused by changing line types
#76219 by David Porter
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:54 am
I also thought about linetypes. Changed it and no change in the fuzzy hatch. The only fix I found to work was to bring the hatch back into this universe in real world coordinates and then it looked like it should.
#76220 by joshhuggins
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:02 pm
Might want to also double check the hatch patterns origin point and make sure that is not off in no mans land.
#76224 by David Porter
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:24 pm
How do I go about finding that point? I plopped that pattern onto another drawing and it shows up fine. I tried clicking the exploded pattern to see if there was a way I could change the origin point or find out what the origin point is but can't find that. I know how to set the origin point for a hatch pattern when I inserting that pattern into a drawing but I can't seem to figure out how to find out what the origin point is for the pattern.
#76225 by joshhuggins
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:38 pm
The way I do it is I Identify/Set All on the hatch in question so it sets the pattern, scale, angle etc. to match what is existing. This also sets the origin point to match whatever it was set to at the time that hatch was created (or last time it was changed like we are going to do next). Then just click S4 Origin like you would for a new hatch, pick your new origin point and then just pick the existing hatch and it will apply the new origin point (as well as setting all your other current hatch settings). You should see the pattern adjust on screen for the new origin point. You can use this method to change an existing hatch to a new pattern, angle, hatch type settings, and pretty much all the other hatch settings without having to create a new hatch.
#76236 by David Porter
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:51 am
Thanks Josh. I did that and resaved the hatch snipit back to my symbols file where I store all of my commonly used hatch patterns. I will find out the next time I need to use that stone hatch on an elevation whether I fixed anything or not.