What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#75554 by Mark Bell
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:59 pm
There's times when a mirror line is needed between two points on a drawing. Bisect isn't always able to work due to the types of entities selected. Being able to pick Mirror/F3 Midpoint would allow a user to snap to any two points then DataCAD can set the crosshair at 90' to the alignment.
#75555 by MtnArch
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:14 pm
I like your wish, Mark! That would be really helpful!
#75622 by Mark Bell
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:05 am
Had a recent scenario where a DWG imported file required the dimensions to be changed to our default style, which uses DIN Standard for the associative dimensions.....it appears DIN Standard may not be included in the change option? Even using Change/To Style to a pre-saved default style didn't resolve this.

Wishlist:

1. Include DIN Standard in the options when changing dimensions,
2. Add the option to Change/ S6 Match/select the dimension entity/s to change using EGAFS then select a dimension string to match the properties of,
#75708 by joshhuggins
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:22 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:I am re-upping on a perennial wish - can we have as many drawing / plotting scales as we need - and can they NOT be order dependent? Please?

This came up today, again, and it sure would be sweet!
Testify!
#75844 by Roger D
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:06 pm
Wish I could change the text boundary box color on all existing text by area.
#75865 by Mark F. Madura
Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:42 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Would it be possible have an Edit Pattern in the Hatch Manager? If this went to a text editor and let you edit the pattern code, that would be useful.

And if we could have a graphic editor interface, that would be fabulous!

A hatch pattern editor is really a CAD program unto itself. Check out...

HatchKit
https://www.hatchkit.com.au/

It's the program we used to expand DataCAD's included hatch patterns a while back.
#76120 by Mark Bell
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:13 am
Neil wrote: 'It would be nice to be able to resize the Multi Windows as a group / grid - as well as individually.'

This would be good as my screen (27") only allows 7 MVW's down the side, with not quite enough space for MVW 8 . Being able to resize them a tad smaller would allow another one to fit.
#76133 by Mark Bell
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:03 pm
Hi Neil,
"Mark - maybe if we can toggle on as many MultiWindows as we need, and they "stick together" when placed in a group / grid, and you can drag a corner of the group to resize them all as a group."

Good idea. I've noticed there are 'empty spaces' between each MVW. If these were reduced, an additional MVW would probably fit. Ideally, there's scope to add a lot more MVW's and it could be possible to have them scroll up or down. (or right to left if horizontal on screen). A scrollbar may not be required - once the mouse is over the docked and grouped MVW's, they could highlight signifying the use of the scroll wheel on the mouse (or keyboard arrow keys), so that a user could scroll through extra MVW's?
032819a.jpg
#76134 by joshhuggins
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:27 pm
Mark Bell wrote: I've noticed there are 'empty spaces' between each MVW ...
Try unlocking the toolbars and see if that will allow you to pull them up tighter together. Also maybe check the Program Prefs, Toolbars, Toolbar Settings, Stretch When Docked option. I can get mine pretty tight this way..... wait a minute.....

OK, weird. I had mine all uptight together and was just getting ready to screenshot it and while typing this and going in and out of different settings now they are showing a gap like yours does Mark. :? Something has changed. I can't get them close now no matter what I have tried.
#76135 by Mark Bell
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:35 pm
Hi Josh,

I had what you had!! - Prior to locking the MVW's in place I could squeeze them together, then after locking them, they space out.