Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#76148 by seasdes
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:38 am
I have a symbol inserted into a V21 drawing. The symbol is composed of 2D and 3D entities in their respective 2D and 3D layers.
The symbol layers do not display in the main Datacad layer window. The Symbol layers only show up in the layer dialogue when I edit the symbol.

Now I would like to be able to turn on/off symbol layers without having to edit the symbol. Is this possible in V21 of Datacad.

FWIW the symbol is actually a hybrid 2D and 3D Sketchup model of a door. The door is modeled in the open and closed position. These symbols that I have created in Sketchup will be very useful in my Datacad work
#76150 by Roger D
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:30 am
Ctrl-Right click on the Symbol, on the sub menu, select Symbol Tools, Symbol Layer Manager. Should be a write on this new feature in the What's New link.
#76163 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:53 am
You need to enable Symbol Layer Control by selecting either Per Definition or Per Instance in DataCAD's Insert menu.

4-2-2019 9-49-26 am.png

Dave