What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#75919 by joshhuggins
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:42 pm
ezgif.com-add-text.gif
ezgif.com-add-text.gif (462.36 KiB) Viewed 17596 times

:lol:
#76048 by joshhuggins
Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:49 pm
Could we get replace options in the Hatch and Linetype managers so we can replace patterns with bad definitions? Would also like during the Import DWG, a section to map hatch patterns. I have been having a lot of trouble with DWG hatch patterns coming in that lock the drawing up.

Edit: Also an option to reset hatch origin to absolute zero. I am seeing hatch patterns where the origin point is out in no mans land and it makes the hatch either not display or have weird artifacts.
#76090 by joshhuggins
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:28 pm
If a symbol attribute's layer is turned off, can those symbol attributes not be displayed in the Edit Attributes dialog?
#76204 by joshhuggins
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:46 pm
Now that symbols support off layers, could Symbol Explode have a toggle option to include/exclude Off layers? The current Symbol Explode menu is full, but seems like the S9 3D Views is kind of out of place anyway, maybe it could be added there?
#76238 by joshhuggins
Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:29 pm
Could we get an option so Perpendicular Object Snapping would only remember the last snapped point (middle click, N) and not remember Left Clicks? I think this would help a lot in the wonkeyness of using Perpendicular Snapping when your work is not in alignment with grid snapping. Often we use Left click to end a command like inserting a symbol with dynamic rotation, we have to drag the cursor around and left click to enter the rotation. This can then throw off your next perpendicular point unless your rotation is aligned with your grid on 90° or if the grid is not in alignment with the last snapped point.
#76250 by joshhuggins
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:24 pm
Can the DWG import process log the names of each layer's name and block name to the log file (or to a import log if you don't want it to muck up the main log file). It's can be hard to hunt down what layer or block is causing the DWG import to fail when it just says

Message line: Reading layers
Message line: Reading Blocks

If Datacad could log the names before it tries to import each, when it crashes then we could check the log and then hunt down the offending object in Autocad before trying to import again.
#76287 by joshhuggins
Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:39 pm
How about an option in the Right Click context menu for a 'Select All Instances' that would select all xrefs that are using that file? Would make trying use Ctrl to pecking thru the list to find all instances of that xrefed file much easier / faster and less prone to missing one. Ideally it could be used so we could still use Ctrl+ so we could select all instances of multiple files or still and or subtract from the selection set. Not sure if that would be do-able the way the selection process and the context menu interact with each other at the moment but something along these same lines to accomplish this would be nice.
#76301 by joshhuggins
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:44 pm
It would be handy if the linetype and hatch managers could be persistent like the Layer Manager so when you are going in and out of symbols and drawings you can see what is being used without having to dig for them in the menus each time.
#76355 by joshhuggins
Wed May 08, 2019 12:58 pm
Would be super duper awesome if we could use Reference Point Snapping when snapping to a point on an entity in the Symbol Browser.
#76474 by joshhuggins
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:47 pm
I was using a toolbar that I have smashed up against the boundary of application window which causes it to show the double arrows to click on to see the remainder of the toolbar and it draws the remaining toolbar in a new toolbar below. This wish is probably a long shot but could the Datacad toolbars use this function somehow to allow additional nesting depths to the toolbars? Maybe a code to flag another level? Just thought this function might be a way to implement my old wish for deeper drop downs for toolbars.
Attachments
2019-06-07_112654.png
2019-06-07_112654.png (34.11 KiB) Viewed 16817 times
#76500 by joshhuggins
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:14 pm
The ANG file will allow us to store up to 18 angles, but when selecting an angle from a function menu, there is only room to show 16 due to the additional buttons at the bottom of the menu.

Feedback: Should the angle selection menu be made to scroll the angle list to include additional angles or maybe just change the Angle list to only accept 16 angles.

Wish 1: Could the angle list allow custom names like the Scale file does. I would like to be able to have a little text to help remind me what some of the angles relate to.

Wish 2: I would like to be able to manually sort the ANG list in a custom order instead of by degrees.
Scratch that one, I'll just build some toolbar buttons for now, but would be really nice if I could use some nifty nested toolbars for it. :lol:
#76516 by joshhuggins
Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:00 pm
Would be nice if when in the Edit Attributes dialog and you have a database lookup drop down selected, if you could hit ENTER to close the dialog accepting the current values in the dialog.