Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#76296 by Bob Urbanek
Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:49 pm
Now that I can no longer import Sketchup models, or use previously downloaded ones, can anyone recommend a site similar to 3D warehouse that I can download from?
Thanks,
Bob
#76307 by Mark F. Madura
Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:27 pm
Hi Bob,

The error "Error in setting current DLL directory to SketchUp/Import-Export." occurs when DataCAD can't find the file, 'DCSkpExporter.dll' in the default path C:\DataCAD 19\SketchUp\Import-Export\. In the [Paths] section of DCADWIN.ini, what is INSTALL_DIR= set to?

MFM
#76315 by joshhuggins
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:57 pm
I would run the latest update for v19 and see if that puts it back in for ya.
#76317 by Bob Urbanek
Wed May 01, 2019 11:26 am
Thanks Josh. It says I have the latest version. Am I still able to update it? Would it just overwrite it? I considered trashing it and re-installing, but I'm afraid that I would lose a lot of stuff, if I'm not very careful.
Bob
#76318 by joshhuggins
Wed May 01, 2019 11:53 am
It should just reinstall over the top fine.
#76320 by Mark F. Madura
Wed May 01, 2019 12:35 pm
If you run the Full Installer to install a version of DataCAD that is already installed, you'll be presented with an option to perform a 'Repair Install.' Choose this option to re-install DataCAD. The process will only affect files that are included with DataCAD.
#76342 by Bob Urbanek
Thu May 02, 2019 6:03 pm
Thanks, I'll try this, but I have a couple of things to finish up, and then go on vacation. I'll do it when I get back. Don't want to take a chance of screwing anything up. That is the one thing I am really good at.
Bob