Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#76371 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Mon May 13, 2019 4:46 pm
I have a drawing that somehow the dimension line "increment" (In the Dimension>Linear>Dim Style> F6 Increment menu) has changed from my default 6" to 2' so the end of the line is being placed a long way away from the point being dimensioned.

So No problem (I think) - I go to the change menu for Dimensions - BUT there is NO option for changing the "increment"! What am I missing. Do I not change that setting ("increment") in the Dimension Change menu? Where do I go to fix this???? I've used DataCad all these years and have never run into this before!!!
#76372 by Roger D
Mon May 13, 2019 4:54 pm
For an existing dimension, you can just stretch it back to where you want it.
For new dimensions, change the setting under Dim Style "Fixed Incr".
#76373 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Mon May 13, 2019 4:57 pm
I've sort of figured it out, or at least a "work around" I saved out the dimension as a "style" with the "correct" "increment" setting, then changed all the dimensions to the newly saved "style". Is this the correct way to go about changing that one setting? Always with other dimensions settings it is possible to do directly it from the Change menu without creating a dimension style. If this is how it is supposed to work, I've never known that and have never encountered that before. Or am I just missing something in the change menu?
Last edited by Aaron Ben-Avraham on Mon May 13, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#76374 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Mon May 13, 2019 5:02 pm
Roger D wrote:For an existing dimension, you can just stretch it back to where you want it.
For new dimensions, change the setting under Dim Style "Fixed Incr".

I know how/where to do that, and I would have to stretch every single one of the dimensions individually if I did as you suggested. I was looking for the "change option" that would let me do all at one time by EGAFS, but for "increment" that option doesn't seem to exist in the dim change menu.

I did work it out by using "Styles". I'm just very surprised I've never run into this before.

Just wanted to clarify: This drawing came from another source and ALL the existing dimensions had this oddball 24" spacing off of the point being dimensioned to. There is no way I could have "stretched" each one individually...
#76376 by joshhuggins
Mon May 13, 2019 6:50 pm
You should be able to use Change, Dimensions, Dim Style, Increment.
#76377 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Mon May 13, 2019 7:31 pm
joshhuggins wrote:You should be able to use Change, Dimensions, Dim Style, Increment.

Hi Josh,

I am using DataCAD 16 and there is no "increment" option in that menu (Dim>Linear>Change>Dim Style). Is that something that is in later versions of DataCAD?
Attachments
dcad.PNG
#76378 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Mon May 13, 2019 7:50 pm
Sorry all. Looks like I made a mistake. It turns out it was not the "increment" option that was set incorrectly. All the dimensions had this big offset from the walls and when I started looking at the various dimension settings, the only one that seemed strange was the increment option at 24", so I assumed that was what was controlling it. FWIW my offset was set correctly (for me) at 6" so I assume that the original offset, for whatever reason was set the way it was by the person I got the CAD file from, and at some point I had reset the "offset" to my normal 6", but never changed the ones that had the big offset from the original dimensioning....

Apologies!!!

Also what exactly does the "increment" option do??? These are options that I've seldom ever messed with so really have no idea about!
#76388 by joshhuggins
Tue May 14, 2019 12:46 pm
Aaron Ben-Avraham wrote:I am using DataCAD 16 and there is no "increment" option in that menu (Dim>Linear>Change>Dim Style). Is that something that is in later versions of DataCAD?
Must be I guess.