Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#76554 by GLanguell
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:08 am
We are deploying new Win10 machines in the office. This allows me an opportunity to standardize each of our DCAD installs. We are using DC17. I copied the Dcadwin.ini over to the new machines but the tool bars, text at the top on top of the tools bars and the basic setup of the drawing tools have not been copied over. How do I make each seat look the same?
Thanks,
Gene
GLanguell@MemorialColiseum.com
#76555 by joshhuggins
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:48 am
If you are doing the exact same setup for every install, you can copy all of the Datacad sub-folders over.
#76639 by artmanvt2000
Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:59 pm
Something to also consider, if you have a central file storage, put your symbols on there. Create a mapped network drive on each computer to the folder location. I like to use "T:" for templates, going old school for a moment. Modify the Datacad settings to point to the "T:" drive for all symbols. If one person updates or adds a symbol, everyone gets it too.