Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#76657 by DBrennfoerder
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:41 am
Still trying to help my friend; he's still on v11 and I just talked him into adding a really big screen to his laptop ( I have 2 big screens ).
We resolved the cursor search window shape issue yesterday by moving the data to absolute zero. Thanks for your help on that.
Today, he is having an issue when he called up the symbol menu and it doesn't appear and he can't do anything else. I'm thinking it opens out of view and he cannot do any other action. It's never happened to him before. I don''t see how it could be related to the new extra screen, but that was yesterday and this is today. I had him disconnect the extra screen and reboot. DataCAD still "locks up" and he cannot go further.

I know there was a simple solution to force pop-ups like the symbol menu to automatically center on screen, but I've forgotten the routine and cannot find proper search terms to find it.

Help? (tia)
#76658 by DBrennfoerder
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:07 am
Here's the way that he describes it:
"The other menus seem to work. It just seems to be that one symbols when you go for a files nothing shows and the border grays out so you can't pick anything you can move the arrow but it doesn't work"
#76659 by RParker
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:58 am
I believe the "fix" is to hold [shift] and [control] simultaneously and then open
#76661 by dhs
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:48 pm
If a modal window (such as the Symbol Open Dialog) is open you should be able to reposition it to one side of the screen by holding the Windows key down and pressing the left or right arrow. Hope that works for him.