Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#77046 by chipn
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:53 am
I am an antique user. I use Datacad 10 and it fits all my needs. My problem is that my computer started to crash so I saved my drawing and rebooted my computer. When I tried to open the file again i get "drawing file incorrect version". I guess because I saved I lost .avs and .swp files. Is this files recoverable?
Chipn
#77047 by MtnArch
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:18 am
You could try sending it to Tech Support and see if they can resurrect it. As old as your version is they may ask you to pay for their time - but that's up to DC LLC.
#77049 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:15 am
Chip, it is very likely that your computer is getting too old to be reliable - as the crashes are indicating. You won't be able to get a new computer that runs DataCAD 10.

I hope you can recover your drawings. And when you get a new computer, it will most likely have Windows 10 on it, and you will have to get a DataCAD 21 license.
#77081 by chipn
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:33 am
Help again, As I stated before, I had a computer crash and my .DC5 and .Bak files give me a 'drawing file incorrect version' error. The .asv and .swp file were erased. I am using Datacad 10 on a HP pavilion Laptop with AMD A8-55550 APU and Radeon HD Graphics and 12gb and running Windows 10. It is a small file, 940KB but has 4 house plans I need to recreate. Can someone tell me how to recover or can I send to to someone to recover for me.
Chipn
#77082 by MtnArch
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:38 am
Hi Chip -

If you want to send it to me I'll give it a go, but the oldest DC version I have loaded is DC17. Send it to me at "aiarcitect at gmail dot com" (without quote marks!).