The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#76966 by dhs
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:59 pm
it takes about 6 clicks to get it to select an edge of the Spaces polyline
Thanks for pointing this out Neil ... I can reproduce the hit and miss behaviour when selecting a space edge in both the macro's Add Corner and Move Side functionality.
I am looking at this, although currently I am a bit puzzled as to why it is happening.
Once I have solved the selection issue I will also look at seeing if I can speed the processing up a bit, although it may always be a little slower than the native Polyline / Edit / Add Vertex functionality.
spaces are automatically updated when you open the macro; so you don't need to go to the refresh menu

This is controlled by the 'Auto Recalc Labels' setting on the 'Processing Options' tab of the macros Settings. It is enabled by default, so you are correct that there is no need to use the Refresh option in most circumstances.
Depending on the number and complexity of spaces defined in the drawing it is possible that the auto refresh could cause a noticeable extra delay when you start the macro, so there may be some circumstances where you wish to disable the Auto Recalc option.

Regards,
David H.
#76969 by dhs
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:46 pm
it takes about 6 clicks to get it to select an edge of the Spaces polyline

This will be fixed in the next build, which I think will also speed up the process a little (I don't notice any delay after I pick in my testing).

This was caused by a bug where I was effectively testing the point picked to be within the square root of the miss distance (miss distance is expressed in pixels, which the macro converts to 1/32" units depending on the display scale ... so in the vast majority of cases where the miss distance was more than 1/32" you would have had to click very much closer to the side than you would expect to).

Regards,
David H
#76974 by dhs
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:28 pm
When I Refresh All labels, the labels on layers that are not currently on, show up until I recalculate the Display List.
Thanks for letting me know Neil. I thought I had coded to prevent that, but I'll double check the appropriate logic before the next build.

For some reason, the space areas suddenly got 3 decimal places, even though I had changed it to zero.
The 'Refresh' function will always use the settings that were current at the time each space was created. Even if you have changed the settings since creation, or if you have changed the label text, refreshing will rebuild the labels using those original settings.
Used the 'Update' option if you wish to rebuild the label using the current settings. You can update all labels, by area, or just a single label at a time. I have just recently finished writing the section of the manual dealing with refresh/update so those instructions will be included in the next build.

Regards,
David H.
#77064 by dhs
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:49 pm
Hi Neil,

I am assuming it is only crashing the 1 drawing. Could you please send me a copy of that drawing file, and also a copy of the Spaces.ini file from your macros folder.

I have just uploaded a new beta (0.0.0.28) where I have fixed one possible crash. You may like to try downloading the new version, but the crash I fixed only occurs with a very specific set of circumstances and I doubt that it is the same thing causing your problem.

Thanks for reporting the issue,
David H.
#77103 by dhs
Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:23 pm
There is a new beta (0.0.0.30) available from dhsoftware.com.au/SpacesBeta.html.
Changes are detailed on that page as usual and include better handling of locked layers and a new (separate) macro that can be used to quickly update space labels without the need to navigate the user interface of the main macro (this is for convenience only ... there is no reduction in the main macro's functionality and it will still update labels).

I think I am very close to a final version now so expect the initial release version is not too far away.
#77290 by dhs
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:25 pm
There is a new beta (0.0.0.31) available from dhsoftware.com.au/SpacesBeta.html.

Sorry that progress has been pretty slow over the last few months. There has been another issue taking a fair bit of my time, but hopefully that is now resolved.
I am currently preparing a video to demonstrate the main features of the macro and will release it once the video is complete. The main change in this latest version stems from an inconsistency that I noticed when preparing the video (the default path when I chose to base labels on a symbol was not as I expected).

Thank you.