What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#77298 by melina
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:11 am
All the material/graphic upgrades to the o2c viewer in 21.02.09.00 seem nifty and having a direct link to o2c Interactive is great, but can we pretty please have access to the built-in o2c viewer of old too?

Sitting around waiting for the full version to open every time you just want to flip the model around a bit to check geometry, like any of the basic navigation functions in the projection pad, has just massively slowed productivity, not to mention the pain.
#77300 by joshhuggins
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:33 pm
Hi Melina,

Mine is opening up seemingly just as fast as before the enhancements. On a large model, maybe 1-3 seconds more on the Triangulating model progress bar before it opens O2C but nothing drastic. How long is it taking on your box?
#77302 by melina
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:57 pm
It is taking only a few extra seconds, true. But open and close every couple of minutes and it adds up. Also, it seems silly to have all those material menus when all you want to do is study geometry, go back, adjust a thing or two, study the geometry in 3d again, repeat all day.

Maybe I'm the only user using the 3d model viewer as much as any 2d plane view (rarely use iso & perspective). And I haven't used o2c Interactive in ages. So that is just where I am coming from.