What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#77122 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:00 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Could creating Rectangular Polylines draw a Square if we hold Shift?

Done for the next Subscription update.

Dave
#77125 by Mark F. Madura
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:16 am
David A. Giesselman wrote:
joshhuggins wrote:Could we get another Context menu for Xrefs to Show / Hide Hatch and Fills that are not part of Smart Entities?
Not sure if it was mentioned in the Beta announcement, but this was added several Beta's ago.
From the RevHist:
XREF: Show Hatch / Show Fill
Two new options, Show Hatch and Show Fill, have been added to the XREF Entity, XREF Tools context menu. Uncheck either of these options to suppress the display of hatches and fills on a per-XREF basis. These settings do not apply to Smart Wall hatches and fills.
#77126 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:28 am
Mark F. Madura wrote:
joshhuggins wrote:Could we get another Context menu for Xrefs to Show / Hide Hatch and Fills that are not part of Smart Entities?
Not sure if it was mentioned in the Beta announcement, but this was added several Beta's ago.
From the RevHist:
Two new options, Show Hatch and Show Fill, have been added to the XREF Entity, XREF Tools context menu. Uncheck either of these options to suppress the display of hatches and fills on a per-XREF basis. These settings do not apply to Smart Wall hatches and fills.

Ahh, I missed it! ;-)

Dave
#77127 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:30 am
I wrote:
joshhuggins wrote:Could creating Rectangular Polylines draw a Square if we hold Shift?

Done for the next Subscription update.

Actually, I'm still working on this one. It may, or may not, make it into the next update.

Dave
#77128 by Roger D
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:35 am
David A. Giesselman wrote:From the RevHist:
Ahh, I missed it! ;-)

Dave

I would have been looking in the xref manager to also be able to make the change. Are these veiw dependent also?
#77132 by joshhuggins
Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:18 pm
Wowzers! I leave for a couple of days and the Big Guy knocks a grand slam out of the park! Thanks for all these Dave!!!
#77185 by joshhuggins
Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:28 pm
Could smart arrows with a symbol arrowhead attached insert the defined symbol at it's location when we do a Poly To Line style explode?
#77277 by joshhuggins
Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:41 am
Could symbols which are deleted via the Symbol Browser be sent to the Recycle Bin of the drive Datacad is installed on? I just deleted a symbol I was working on instead of the one next to it and didn't realize what I did until it was too late.
#77317 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:43 am
joshhuggins wrote:Could symbols which are deleted via the Symbol Browser be sent to the Recycle Bin of the drive Datacad is installed on? I just deleted a symbol I was working on instead of the one next to it and didn't realize what I did until it was too late.

For the next Subscription update, I've added the following new key to the [SymbolBrowser] section of the INI file:

Delete to Recycle Bin=FALSE

Setting this to TRUE will do what you desire.

Dave
#77376 by joshhuggins
Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:40 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Could we get another Context menu for Xrefs to Show / Hide Hatch and Fills that are not part of Smart Entities? We use xrefs all the time just to pull lines from to build other views and that would help speed up the drawing space to not have to display the reference hatch but still be able to see the hatch we are working with in the drawing.

Dave
This is working great and really helps keep the drawing moving fast, thanks!
#77501 by joshhuggins
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:01 pm
Any chance that symbol attributes within symbols that are on layers that are turned off can be suppressed in the Edit Symbol Attribute dialog box?

Or for a version 2.0 of this wish, maybe they could have a true/false value on if they should be suppressed in the Edit Symbol Attributes dialog? That was you could build complex symbols on a layer that stays off with the attributes that do look ups but you want to see the data in the edit dialog?
#77502 by joshhuggins
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:17 pm
Could we get an option to have the symbol editor background color be different than the drawing background color? I just closed my drawing without saving because I thought I was in a symbol. Whoops! Just thought that having a different color might be a good visual to help in this kind of case. Autocrud has something similar and it seems to work well.
#77535 by joshhuggins
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:26 pm
Any chance of if we right clicking an inactive drawing window, that window would become the active drawing window the same way left click does? I just like the idea of right clicking better because I know that if I have a hand spasm I am not going to pick something if a command is in process in that drawing window.
#77546 by joshhuggins
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:04 pm
Can the Text Mask, Font Search dialog list fonts that are referenced in the drawing but that a font file (SHX, TTF) doesn't exist on the system? Or maybe accept font names typed into the dialog? Replacing a non-existing font would be one of the main ways we would use the Font Search tool if it worked like this. For now I have been shutting down Datacad, taking a copy of another font and editing it's name within the font properties in my font editor program, installing it into windows, and then I can use the Font Search to replace the "missing" font to one of our fonts. Save the drawing, close Datacad & uninstall the font. Just kind of a hassle.
#77552 by joshhuggins
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:12 pm
When using GTV Link in the Symbol Layer Manager, could we get a button or a check box, that when used would update all GTV's but with only the changes made during the current session of the manager? Say we need to turn off 2 layers and turn on 1 layer for all the GTV's but we don't want to change any of the other symbol layers on/off linked states across the GTV's. In my example I want to;

Turn Off - Bidding & Information Stamp - ( a layer that contains a halftone watermark stamp across the drawing)
Turn On - Professional Engineers Stamp
Turn On - Date Stamp

But within the same symbol I have layers like a layer for a keynote block that is linked to be on for some GTV's and off in others. I don't want to update or affect this symbol layer's GTV Link state. Does that make sense?

This is just one example, but I know this kind of scenario is going to be very common the more we use symbol layer control. I know we can currently use the individual GTV Update button to manually update each GTV and that is easy when we only need to update a few GTVs. I was hoping something like this might be possible so when you can have a drawing with a lot of GTV's (100's in this case) this would help save a lot of time when a global partial update is needed.