Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#77857 by d keen
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:36 pm
Will datacad 17 allow for the importing of a graphic logo with text to be imported from windows 7 similar to the text importing capabilities?
I would like to import into an active drawing file .
Any feedback on this would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Dave Keen
#77858 by Mark Bell
Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:16 pm
I don't have v17, but if it does, try the Insert (pulldown menu) / Bitmpas then select the image/logo (various formats) and draw a rectangle to create the polyline boundary of the image. The inserted image should then display. To insert text from other software you can copy and paste (Edit/Paste pulldown menu), or Insert/Excel or Text in the pulldown menu.
#77864 by MtnArch
Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:04 am
I still have V17 loaded and opened up one of my old files from 2012/2013 that I had inserted a graphic into - no problems then or now. Follow what Mark suggests, or email me your AEC file and the graphic and I'll give it a go. PM me with your email address and we can exchange things off-forum.
#77879 by d keen
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:05 pm
Mark Bell and Alan Hendry,
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.
This seems to work good. I have probably tried this I the past but haven't utilized tools correctly.
Thank you again.

Dave Keen