Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#78018 by Neil Blanchard
Thu May 07, 2020 12:12 pm
Hi folks,

I am trying to duplicate a sign font, and the closest match is a TTF font called Avg_tp. It is very slim, and quite geometric, and in the preview it shows with a thickness. But when I place it in the DataCAD drawing, it is single lines. Here's a screen capture:

Font Issue 01.png

Any ideas as to why this is?
#78023 by joshhuggins
Thu May 07, 2020 2:06 pm
Looks like because there is a corresponding SHX version of the font in the Datacad Font folder, even though you probably turned off SHX fonts, you have to re-select the TTF from the Font Name drop down again in order to get it to select/use the TTF. I think it's a small glitch with the logic for the check boxes and drop downs. Mine did the same thing until I re-selected the TTF version of the font after the SHX check box was unchecked.
#78026 by Chris
Fri May 08, 2020 10:09 am
Hi Neil,

If you can get something on your screen (WYSIWIG) for logos, etc., I use a quick screen capture, port it off into a .jpg (or .pdf) and import it as a bitmap. If you need to rotate it, then you have to prep the image accordingly or take it into a separate file and import as x-ref, clip and rotate.

FWIW,

Chris
#78029 by MtnArch
Fri May 08, 2020 6:33 pm
Inkscape is another option - it can trace a bitmap or pixel art. Another option for a PDF to DWG converter is if you have (or can get) DrawPlus X8 it imports and exports. You'll need a valid product key for DrawPlus.