Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#78542 by A.D.S. Design
Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:37 pm
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me in this Forum, as we have been unable to get any Tech Support from Datacad Australia.
My Datacad is using all 310 GB of my allowed Data within a week. Seriously affecting our Business as our Internet stops working when the Data is all used up. :( Has anyone else had this problem?
Last edited by A.D.S. Design on Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#78544 by joshhuggins
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:33 pm
Do you mean your internet data allowance? Are you working remotely or saving files to a remote location? How are you coming to the conclusion that it is Datacad using all of the resource? I think all it should do is check at launch for internet access to verify if the license is in use. Could try disconnecting from the internet at launch so it skips the license check test. It will require a license verify once every 45 days.
#78561 by A.D.S. Design
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:05 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Do you mean your internet data allowance? Are you working remotely or saving files to a remote location? How are you coming to the conclusion that it is Datacad using all of the resource? I think all it should do is check at launch for internet access to verify if the license is in use. Could try disconnecting from the internet at launch so it skips the license check test. It will require a license verify once every 45 days.

Hi Josh,
No I'm not working remotely, our Internet is a wireless Internet as we dont have a good ADSL connection. Upon checking the Usage the computer points us to Datacad being the culprit. I'm not saying its a Datacad issue directly but if it is an infection on the Computer, it is using Datacad to use all the Internet Data allowance.
#78564 by joshhuggins
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:43 pm
Hmmm, not sure what to tell you on this one other than I would look into getting your system checked out if you suspect a virus or malware. On Windows 10 using Datacad 21 my last 30 days show 2MB usage FWIW. Good luck. If you do figure something out, please come back and share the info, it could help someone in the future. :D