Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#79379 by tfarley
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:14 pm
Is there a keyboard short cut for "Ctrl+Right click" for Xrefs? I use this set of commands a lot but it is not uncommon for it to not work, it throws me in a cycle of flashing the menu and going away. I use Ctrl+Right click most often for scaling and xref. It would be great if there were another way to scale the xref. Enlarge works if I know the scale the xref is already set for, but if I don't know this, I have to guess.
#79386 by Mark Bell
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:44 pm
tfarley wrote:Is there a keyboard short cut for "Ctrl+Right click" for Xrefs? I use this set of commands a lot but it is not uncommon for it to not work, it throws me in a cycle of flashing the menu and going away. I use Ctrl+Right click most often for scaling and xref. It would be great if there were another way to scale the xref. Enlarge works if I know the scale the xref is already set for, but if I don't know this, I have to guess.

I'm not aware of a keyboard shortcut, but if you open the Tools / Program Preferences / Drawing tab, at the bottom is a Double-Click to open option where you can tick the RFM box so when you quickly double click an Xref it should open the RFM for you. Other suggestions could be to write a simple alias using click CTRL+Spacebar.
#79792 by tfarley
Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:27 am
Thanks for the input. My double click option is already on. Double clicking my xrefs only occasionally works. Most of the time I get no response from my clicking efforts. I should learn how to write macros but I don't feel I have the time.