Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#80558 by DBrennfoerder
Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:00 pm
22.01.12.02 (PE) is crashing today each time after I do a "print preview". When I click the "close" button on that window, the working file goes way, the dataCAD window and print preview windows are visible, but inactive. The only recover is Task Manager and close DataCAD.

This is a new issue.
#80595 by DBrennfoerder
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:25 pm
I'm still having the crash issue. It seemed to have a connection with my 1050C. I lost the ability to pick D sized prints and DataCAD crashes when I pick print/plot functions on the dialog box. I'm now on a remote site trying to maximize my time on CAD and I can't even think about printing before I leave for the next meeting tomorrow early am. I deleted the 1050C from my list of printers and set a separate pdf writer as the default printer and set it to a D-sized print. I reopened the file that had previously crashed, picked print and tried to pick options on the dialog box and the program crashed. Each of these crashes has an unusual crash pattern: my file goes away, but DataCAD and the printer box are on screen, but inactive; any click only makes the MS error "ding". The only way to move forward is to use the Task Manager to clear the screen. Luckily, autosave and frequent saving has saved me from having any lost work, but I'm having a lot of lost time trying to print/crash over and over.

So I tried a repair on the file; opened DataCAD, pick "repair" and picked the file; picked the first list of options to verify/fix, clicked ok and it crashed as above.

If I can't print for my meeting tomorrow, I'll be stuck only using a projector on the wall.

Bummer;
#80596 by MtnArch
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:32 pm
Does this happen on all of you drawings, or just one (or just that folder)? Have you done the copy and paste of various pieces/layers in your file to a new file?

Just throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what might stick!
#80597 by DBrennfoerder
Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:19 am
It seems to be any file; I'm currently working on something that has revived after 5 years, opened the file, made some revisions, went to print and crashed again. I'm thinking that as soon as I have a few minutes to uninstall DataCAD and reinstall; see if that fixes the issue.
#80599 by DBrennfoerder
Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:56 am
Just had my current file open and thought I'd check on xRef's; seemed ok, and then clicked "ok" and DataCAD crashed as before. File gone, DataCAD on screen but unresponsive; had to use Task Manager to kill it.
#80604 by MtnArch
Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:59 pm
Have you had someone else try to open the file to see if it's the file or your Dcad install (or Windoze updates)?
#80606 by MtnArch
Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:08 pm
Bummer.
#80608 by joshhuggins
Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:00 pm
DBrennfoerder wrote:I just tried to copy some data into my current file from another file, did the edit copy special, went to my destination file, edit copy/paste special: crash.

Check to see if 'On Layers' is turned on. If it is, try turning that off. I have been having an issue for several versions now where when pasting, if On Layers is turned on, the drawing crashes.