Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#80950 by ORWoody
Thu May 26, 2022 3:13 pm
How does one send a pen table for a dwg export to an associate? I have made a complete project export that an Acader will be doing a bit of work on and that person is unable to get the prints to look properly. I don't have Autocad to check what numbers are what in the translated files. Do our DataCAD color numbers export directly to the dwg such as Green goes to their third color or our LtGray becomes their color eight? If not, how does one build a pen file for the recipient?
Thanks in advance.
#80952 by ORWoody
Thu May 26, 2022 4:30 pm
After doing a search, I found that back in 2008, Mark did a very extensive explanation of exactly what I am looking for and trying to do.
He's always been ahead of me.
#80953 by Joseph Baron
Thu May 26, 2022 4:32 pm
Can you post a link? I knew there had been something like this I just didn't know where it was.
#80954 by ORWoody
Thu May 26, 2022 5:18 pm
Something that I do have a question about is in regards to the color matrix. I have my pen table set so that color 255 is my non-printing pen 0. When I look at the default matrix and the dxfdwg matrix I see that my displayed color of 255 isn't even close to what I see for my color palette. Will my 255 "try" to become some similar color for ACAD or does having a different palette from the default or dxfdwg throw everything into confusion. I simply want to use whatever rules. Plus I don't want to explain what is what to my associate only to learn that I was totally lost from the git-go.

Thank you Mark, for that explanation. It is magnificent. Without it, I'd have been wandering in the desert for more than the next forty years.