Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#81484 by DavidBergman
Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:54 am
Thanks. I'll try to look into that. But keep in mind that I also viewed the files in trial versions of v21 & 22. And that Clay took a look at this problem as well.
#81485 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:24 pm
Hi David. This is a total shot in the dark, but what is your default printer/printer driver set to? Do you have multiple printers/plotters installed? The printer can in fact effect your display in certain programs. When I did tech support many moons ago, if you had a generic/text only driver installed, the program I was supporting (Not Datacad) would cause a wonky display on screen. Maybe try setting your default window printer to the XPS or the MS Print to pdf drivers and restart Datacad. Like I said, just a shot in the dark from my previous tech support experience...

Aaron
#81495 by DavidBergman
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:10 pm
Hi Neil,

I just did a search in the V19 Revisions History the word 'resolution.' Found a few items, but none of them looked relevant to me, at least not as far as I could discern (which is a caveat).
#81497 by Joseph Baron
Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:37 pm
David, I think Neil was also referring to your dcadwin.ini file. If you want to send me your dcadwin.ini file I'll take a look.
#81502 by Joseph Baron
Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:37 pm
DavidBergman wrote:I'm losing track, but I think someone here asked for a test on a fresh, clean aec. This one has just one layer with several fonts tested.

David, that would be me. So can you post a screenshot of what this file looks like on your screen at 1/2" scale?
#81506 by Joseph Baron
Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:53 am
For comparison, this is how your drawing appears on my machine.

By chance do you have any 'application specific' settings in your graphics setup?

EDIT: The uploaded screenshot here does appear a little washed out compared to what I see on my screen.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-09-17 114504.jpg
#81507 by DavidBergman
Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:17 pm
The laptop has integrated graphics, so I doubt it has any specific application settings. But I'm not sure where I would find that.

Some of the fonts on your screenshot look sharper than on mine and others do not, at least as far as I can tell. (Also, some of the fonts look different (HLV and PAL), but that may be a function of what fonts you have installed.)

I'm also attaching a PDF of the text in case that's of any help. It was made with Adobe PDF.

Thanks
Attachments
(34.11 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
#81508 by Joseph Baron
Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:27 pm
Good catch, I copied your fonts back into my Fonts folder and this is another screenshot. As mentioned above the screeenshot here in this post is a little washed out compared to what I see on my screen, and even when I view this JPG on my computer it still is washed out compared to what DataCAD is displaying. I don't know why it would be different.

EDIT: When you ZOOM into the posted screenshot it is clearer but still is slightly washed out from what I see in DataCAD on my screens.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-09-17 141730.jpg
#81509 by Joseph Baron
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:03 pm
Ok so far I have been looking at this DataCAD display issue on my desktop that has dedicated (inexpensive) NVidia card so I wanted to compare apples to apples.

Here is a screenshot of your drawing (with your fonts loaded) on my 13" Dell Laptop that has built-in Intel graphics. Similar results?

The other screenshot is zoomed in at the SHX fonts that you are using so that may be why they look jagged. So I think that the display issue is caused by the specific graphics controller. You can try looking in the graphics settings, right-click your screen, and there should be a menu item to see what settings you have for your built in graphics.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-09-17 173909.jpg
Screenshot 2022-09-17 174004.jpg
#81510 by DavidBergman
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:32 pm
Hi Joseph,

I'm attaching a file showing my screenshot above yours so we can compare them. Yours looks sharper on most of the typefaces.

Regarding the display settings, are you talking about the Color Profile, Scale and layout, Display resolution, etc.? Those are all set at the defaults with the exception of the scale on the laptop's display (not the monitor's) set at 125% rather than the recommended 150%. Icons and menus were too big at the recommended scale, and Clay and I checked whether changing it to 150% made any difference. (It didn't.)

David
Attachments
comparative screenshots.jpg