Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#82083 by MtnArch
Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:09 pm
Some manufacturers have both 2D and 3D cad files available on their websites; there is also a paid service (https://www.kclcad.com/) that has a TON of commercial food service equipment that I used to subscribe to. If you have SketchUp available you may be able to find some through their 3D Warehouse and export them to DWG to import in (I haven't tried inserting SKP directly into Dcad).
#82084 by joshhuggins
Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:58 pm
Like Alan mentioned, if I can get a model from the manufacture that's usually best. If they don't provide something, 3D warehouse is usually my next stop to get a Sketchup SKP file, which I will normally import into a new blank AEC file to clean up and make into a 2D/3D view-dependent Datacad symbol. If I can't find what I need in 3Dwarehouse, then I usually start doing a web search for something at that point.
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#82102 by MtnArch
Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:13 pm
Sometimes you can find similar symbols from other manufacturers - it depends on that fine line of will it take longer to just draw it or look for something similar.