Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#460 by RVELAS2000
Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:50 pm
I RECENTLY UPGRADED TO VERSION 11. I NOTICED WHEN OPENING A DC5 FILE FROM VER10 THAT IF I WENT TO PRINT A PAGE FROM THE DRAWING THAT HAD A MULTI-LAYOUT SAVED ON IT, ALL THE DRAWINGS ON THAT SHEET ARE ALL JUMBLED. DO I HAVE TO REDO ALL THE MULTI-LAYOUT DRAWINGS ON EVERY SHEET FOR EVERY PLAN I HAVE ?
#462 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:58 pm
Hello & Welcome:

Did you check the set up to make sure that the paper size in v11 was set to the same as it was in v10? If not, once you change this, the sheets should be correct -- you may have to exit the Plotter menu and then reopen it after making the change.

So no, you should not have to fix all the MSP sheets when moving to v11.

PS: THERE IS NO NEED TO SHOUT! :P
#506 by RVELAS2000
Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:24 pm
I OPENED A NEW DRAWING THAT EXISTED IN VER 10. WHEN I WENT TO THE PLOTTER MENU I MADE SURE THE PAPER SIZE WAS THE SAME. WHEN I CLICKED ON A SHEET TO PLOT THAT WAS ALREADY SET UP, THE LAYOUT OF THE SHEET IS STILL GARBLED. ANY IDEAS OUT THERE???????
#509 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:40 pm
Hello:

What version of v10 are (were) you running? There was a fix in one of the later versions that made it possible to open an MSP sheet on a computer with a different screen resolution and still get the correct layout. If you did not have that version of v10, then it is possible that the different screen resolution is messing things up.

To test this, you can change your current screen resolution to the same as you were running on the machine where the v10 file was last saved...all this is only if you have changed machines and/or monitors, naturally. :wink:

Another possibility, if you have changed to a different flavor of Windows -- this can affect the plotter driver and the area of the paper inside the margins. Believe it or not, the drivers for different versions of Windows are not consistent for the same plotter! :?

What plotter, and what Windows are you running, and were you running something else before with v10?

[Edit] I just thought of another possible cause: if you have a different list of scales in v11 than you you were using in v10 (I'm trying to remember if these are embedded in the drawing or not), then this could certainly throw off the MSP sheets! Are all the details off by the same number of steps in the scale?

AND AGAIN, YOU CAN TAKE OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK WHILE YOU ARE POSTING -- OTHERWISE IT MAKES IT SEEM LIKE YOU ARE SHOUTING! :wink:
#823 by RVELAS2000
Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:05 pm
Thanks Neil for all your help. After contacting Mark Toce at Datacad and sending him one of my drawings, he came to the conclusion that the update to ver 11 created this problem. Mark told me he would bring this problem up with Datacad.