Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#812 by Tony Blasio
Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:50 am
I don't think this is possible but I know you can from the "Directory" dialogue under "Tools".

Hope this helps.
#813 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:11 pm
Hi Peter:

You can't do this from the LM -- but you can do it from the Directory menu! :wink:

From the Directory dialog, click on To File. The problem is that there is no way to control where this output file is created (hint, hint :o ), but the way to find out where the file was made, is to click To File again and and make a note of the path. The file is called YourFileName.DIR, but it is jsut a text file that can be opened by NotePad and printed or whetever you need to do with it.
#816 by RSYount
Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:50 pm
Another option is to open the "directory" in the "tools", highlight the layers, copy them and then paste them into MS Word and save it as a .doc file for future reference.
#828 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:19 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote: The problem is that there is no way to control where this output file is created

HI Neil

Actually you can (at least in DCAD10 - I haven't gotten around to upgrading to 11 yet).

Under TOOLS/PROGRAM PREFERENCES/PATHNAMES there is a place to specify "Text Output".

Aaron
#829 by Dick Eades
Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:32 pm
Ah, that's part of the problem. There are many different types of text output in DataCAD. Having only one path for all means that the output from this operation will be stored the same place as your plotting output if you are writing pdf files, as well as in the same place as any text files you might have stored that you want to input.

We need to have a better division of this function.
#840 by joshhuggins
Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:48 am
Maybe just have a button in the layer manager, to export layer info to a text file and it lets you pick the location at the time of export.