Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#964 by AT2
Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:14 am
here is a funnk question... some of my co-worker when they hit "zoom view to drawing extents" It bring them to the edge of each drawing that they have... but when I hit it... it go way beyond of the drawing... how can I set my zoom extents to just fit the size of the drawing....?

thanks

AT
#967 by joshhuggins
Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:36 pm
If the free zoom option is on, then the zoom with fit to the extents of your entities. If not, then it will zoom to the smallest scale you have defined that fits all of your entities on the screen.
#969 by Dick Eades
Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:23 pm
What you may be experiencing here is a phantom entity that is a long way away from your drawing that is forcing the extents to an abnormal display. If hitting U and then / F2 for a Recalc doesn't bring it around, then you can either attempt to erase the phantom entity by area or copy/paste the main area of your drawing into another file and start over. Xref's can also aggravate this.
#971 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:31 pm
Hello:

This can sometimes be caused by an imported ACAD block (aka Symbol) that has an insertion point "on Mars". If you explode that symbol, and redefine it with a proper insertion point, then this would solve the problem.
#973 by AT2
Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:45 pm
Where is the freezooms option...?

Is it the one under tools / program preferences / misc / remebers freezooms...?

I try that one, but didn't work...

I hit U and then F2, it just ask me do I want to copy, then I put in a new drawing.. and it didn't help...

I have no idea what is imported ACAD blcok.... is there somewhere I can look it up...?

I have DataCAD 11, the new one...

thanks guy

AT
#975 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:54 pm
Hello:

If you hit the /? key (or you open the Zoom menu however you normally do), then Free Zoom is at the F4 position.

The option you mention trying, will let the Previous View (hitting the P) "remember" these Free Zoom views.

Did any portion of your drawing get imported from AutoCAD? If so, then it may contain an AutoCAD "block" -- which is their name for what DataCAD calls a "symbol". AutoCAd has a different way of handling the insertion point on their "blocks", and sometimes they are very, very, far away -- and this often causes the extents problem like you describe.
#976 by AT2
Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:30 pm
/? Key then freezoom is off... and fix the problem.... cool.. thanks man... that is so cool..... thanks again

AT :D