Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#57830 by bchrd
Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:21 pm
I have Datacad 13 and have not been able to open/import a dwg or a dxf file. I have had the vendor send me both file types of a part that I want to check in my cadd drawing and when I click on the file to import I get "Analyzing...not responding" and eventually have to close Datacad and lose whatever I didn't save.

I have not typically had a problem before opening these file types. Can you help me? It is "Import" that I want to do right, in case my mind has blanked?

Thanks.
#57831 by REX PEET
Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:20 pm
Sometimes they just will not import. I had one example that was created with Archicad which one entity a million miles from absolute zero. Thankfully Tech Support were able to help me out. Also, the version of your Autocrap file might be a little too recent for Datacad to read. Try TruView to save the file as an older version, or DraftSight, which is a freebie. Good Luck
#57843 by joshhuggins
Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:29 pm
When trying to open/import a DWG try toggling the 'Translate colors using color table file' or 'Move drawing to origin'. Sometimes changing one or both of these options will get it to open/import.