What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#77122 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:00 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Could creating Rectangular Polylines draw a Square if we hold Shift?

Done for the next Subscription update.

Dave
#77125 by Mark F. Madura
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:16 am
David A. Giesselman wrote:
joshhuggins wrote:Could we get another Context menu for Xrefs to Show / Hide Hatch and Fills that are not part of Smart Entities?
Not sure if it was mentioned in the Beta announcement, but this was added several Beta's ago.
From the RevHist:
XREF: Show Hatch / Show Fill
Two new options, Show Hatch and Show Fill, have been added to the XREF Entity, XREF Tools context menu. Uncheck either of these options to suppress the display of hatches and fills on a per-XREF basis. These settings do not apply to Smart Wall hatches and fills.
#77126 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:28 am
Mark F. Madura wrote:
David A. Giesselman wrote:
joshhuggins wrote:Could we get another Context menu for Xrefs to Show / Hide Hatch and Fills that are not part of Smart Entities?
Not sure if it was mentioned in the Beta announcement, but this was added several Beta's ago.
From the RevHist:
XREF: Show Hatch / Show Fill
Two new options, Show Hatch and Show Fill, have been added to the XREF Entity, XREF Tools context menu. Uncheck either of these options to suppress the display of hatches and fills on a per-XREF basis. These settings do not apply to Smart Wall hatches and fills.

Ahh, I missed it! ;-)

Dave
#77127 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:30 am
I wrote:
joshhuggins wrote:Could creating Rectangular Polylines draw a Square if we hold Shift?

Done for the next Subscription update.

Actually, I'm still working on this one. It may, or may not, make it into the next update.

Dave
#77128 by Roger D
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:35 am
David A. Giesselman wrote:From the RevHist:
XREF: Show Hatch / Show Fill
Two new options, Show Hatch and Show Fill, have been added to the XREF Entity, XREF Tools context menu. Uncheck either of these options to suppress the display of hatches and fills on a per-XREF basis. These settings do not apply to Smart Wall hatches and fills.
Ahh, I missed it! ;-)

Dave


I would have been looking in the xref manager to also be able to make the change. Are these veiw dependent also?
#77277 by joshhuggins
Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:41 am
Could symbols which are deleted via the Symbol Browser be sent to the Recycle Bin of the drive Datacad is installed on? I just deleted a symbol I was working on instead of the one next to it and didn't realize what I did until it was too late.
#77317 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:43 am
joshhuggins wrote:Could symbols which are deleted via the Symbol Browser be sent to the Recycle Bin of the drive Datacad is installed on? I just deleted a symbol I was working on instead of the one next to it and didn't realize what I did until it was too late.

For the next Subscription update, I've added the following new key to the [SymbolBrowser] section of the INI file:

Delete to Recycle Bin=FALSE

Setting this to TRUE will do what you desire.

Dave
#77376 by joshhuggins
Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:40 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:
joshhuggins wrote:Could we get another Context menu for Xrefs to Show / Hide Hatch and Fills that are not part of Smart Entities? We use xrefs all the time just to pull lines from to build other views and that would help speed up the drawing space to not have to display the reference hatch but still be able to see the hatch we are working with in the drawing.

Not sure if it was mentioned in the Beta announcement, but this was added several Beta's ago.

Dave
This is working great and really helps keep the drawing moving fast, thanks!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

About DataCAD Forum

The DataCAD Forum is a FREE online community we provide to enhance your experience with DataCAD.

We hope you'll visit often to get answers, share ideas, and interact with other DataCAD users around the world.

DataCAD

Software for AEC Professionals Since 1984