Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#76865 by Lars
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:55 pm
Is it possible to alter DC's 'Save As' settings so that the program does NOT close the original file?

I've lost a fair amount of work because once the 'Save As' is complete I cannot go back in the original file and undo changes to restore the original file.

"Well why dont you just "save as" at the beginning?" Answer - Because as you work, you dont always see that you'll need to create another file an hour or two down the road of editing a drawing. New ideas split off all the time in process of creating work.
#76866 by Roger D
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:31 pm
I think that is what "Save as Copy" the command below "Save as" does for you.
#76868 by Mark Bell
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:05 am
Another option is to do a File/Purge Drawing and create a newer drawing, then close the current one and continue in the newer purged one. If you then need design data from earlier proposals you can go back through the various purged drawings. Purging also compresses and 'cleans' the file.