Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#77719 by joeferguson
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:56 pm
Recently reinstalled DC 21 (windows 10) and a lot of things are not the same. Lost some fonts (previous post), keyboard shortcuts (my fault, I can fix that) command line aliases (same).

Currently can't find my old favourite Draw toolbar -- you know, the one with the ABC123 icon for text and the circle icon that takes me to the curves menu? I can load all kinds of toolbars that I never use but have no idea how to get my good ones back.

Does this have something to do with context-sensitive toolbars? I have spent hours with the DC21 online manual and my old dead tree DC11 manual and am stuck.

Currently the only way I can draw a circle or put text on a drawing is to use the edit menu.

When I open View--Toolbars, I get Standard, Icon I: Edit, Icon II : Model, Icon III : Architect, and Icon IV : Notate and a bunch of others but no Draw.

What have I done? I reinstalled DC twice, same result. Don't know where to go from here...

joe
#77720 by joeferguson
Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:44 pm
I found an old item in the Forum by Mark Madura and it explained I can change visible toolbars in Tools > Program Preferences > Toolbars.

Still don't know how I lost it but it's now found. Thanks, Mark.

joe
#78694 by stephen t.
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:28 pm
Hi,
I have a different problem with the toolbar display. I lost my clip cube on and off icons. I have looked in program preferences and they show to be turned on, but on the screen they seem to be hiding.
Any idea as to where they may be found?

S
#78713 by Mark Bell
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:02 pm
May be unlock and undock all the toolbars and move the main DataCAD screen around to see if they're hiding behind the drawing window or minimised down the bottom of the screen? You could also try temporarily changing the toolbar icon size to 48 which would set everything to their largest size which may display them.
#79261 by Lars
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:25 pm
Found it. It was burried way down in a sub sub menu...

Ever think about putting all of this stuff in one location instead of several?