Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#78287 by tlarso
Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:17 pm
I am having problems with cleaning up walls. When I draw walls I have chosen to auto clean and for on initial drawing of the walls the clean up function works. The problem occurs when I make changes to the walls that the clean up does not work properly, The walls are on the same layer and the same z-base and z-height but on the redraw the T clean up may or may not work. Also this happens when I join 4" walls with 6" walls at a T intersection. When I go to the clean up menu and select T intersection it does not clean the intersection. Any suggestions on what may be wrong with the set up I may be using that would cause this problem would be greatly appreciated.
#78291 by joshhuggins
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:02 pm
A screen shot of the wall intersections might help us to see the different walls lines and how they might not be interacting with each other, like their control line positions, etc.
#78294 by tlarso
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:31 pm
Her are the screenshots I took to show the problem.
Attachments
Screenshot (4).png
4" interior wall to 4" exterior wall
Screenshot (3).png
4" interior wall to 4" exterior wall
Screenshot (2).png
4" interior wall to 6" interior wall
#78297 by Mark Bell
Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:04 pm
There's a couple of ways to achieve the outcome with smart walls. The screenshot below shows something like what you're after with the T-intersection being done either by using the Architect/F2 Edit Walls/S1 Clean/Cap then turning off Cap leaving Clean on and by Area select the end of the horizontal wall as it trims to the vertical and it should clean as shown in the second down horizontal wall. The other way is to ctrl-right mouse click towards the end of the horizontal wall you want to trim to the vertical which opens the wall properties menu. Toggle of Cap and pick apply then close.

When there's multiple different wall types converging, especially at a corner wall it can still be done but may take 2 -3 or cleanups to 'rotate' the outcome until you get what you want. All three walls have their end caps off and using both 1-line and 2-line trim the outcome can be achieved. Another way could be to extend the vertical past the two horizontal walls, ctrl-right click to turn off the end caps, the 1-line trim the vertical back to align with the horizontals. Once done you can also stretch any wall to any angle and the cleanup should still maintain itself.

You can also press Shift and the | keys when drawing a smart wall to toggle off/on their end caps on the fly.

062820a.jpg

062820b.jpg

Just looking at your screen setup, if you open the Tools pulldonw/Program Preferences/Toolbars tab and at the bottom left, Status Bars adjust the value this will widen the smart entity menus so you can see them better. Mine is at 84 for 27" monitors so you'll need to play around to suit your own screen.
#78372 by tlarso
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:28 pm
I am unable to clean up wall "T" intersections using the clean up tools. A little history with my present problem may be helpful. When I originally drew the walls they cleaned up just fine. After I inserted windows in the main wall the "T" intersections went away so I deleted the windows and redrew the main wall and was able to have proper clean up occur. Again when I added the windows the "T" intersections went away. I am including three screenshots which I hope will help. One shows the problem and the other two show the identification information for the intersecting walls. Any help anyone can provide is appreciated.
Attachments
Screenshot (8).png
Shot of one of the connecting wall information.
Screenshot (7).png
Shot of main wall information.
Screenshot (6).png
Shot of the problem.
#78381 by Roger D
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:27 am
With the walls on different layers, you do need to use the toolbar "T" clean up icon to clean the intersection. It looks like they are the same z base/height so they should clean. Also double click on the end of the interior wall line, and make sure the "cap" setting is turned off, and "clean" is "On".