Hi, I must have something set up wrong. When I move a file to a different folder or even change the file name in the file manager outside of dcad, all my srefs disappear. This has been going on for a very long time - and it is annoying! Can anyone suggest a setting or something that I should check?
Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks, Joe Krawiec Toms River, NJ ver22.01.14.02 (SE), Windows 10
Joe: I think that the reason for the lost files is related to your "moving" the file. As you can see if you open the new file and its XRef Manager, all of the SREFs are looking for a file that no longer exists. If you move the file and repath those incorrect names to the new location, then everything would work fine. Or you can let DataCAD do all of the work and repath the names by following Josh's suggestion and doing a save as. There is a secondary advantage in doing a save as and that is when initially working on your newly named/located drawing, the original still exists. At least until you delete the original, you have a safety net of sorts.
Hi, Thanks for the suggestions. This is how I have been able to work things out.
I noticed in the layer manager that there was already something in the sref layer - it had a 'count' of 1, but nothing was showing on the screen. I then went into the orphaned references and redefined the path to the sref and it re-appeared. Going forward I'll just use a save as and I expect that should solve things.