Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#14120 by rbeard
Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:03 pm
Greetings from sunny Sydney
I finally worked out how to get into the forum - lost password, etc.
Anyway, I have a major problem with DataCAD and went to look for the answer in Help. Reply was: 'You need to load .... etc. etc'. But I already have v7 of AR and DataCAD has used it in the past. Has DataCAD lost the path or what? can anyone help me get reader going again in DataCAD?
#14123 by Neil Blanchard
Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:14 pm
Hello (Richard?),

It sounds like a file association thing? You could try to open the DataCAD11_Manual.PDF file directly -- it is in the DataCAD\Help folder. There may be a newer help file located here?
#14886 by rbeard
Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:38 pm
At the last Sydney User Group meeting, we tried to solve this problem. No such luck. We copied the help file to another directory and changed the setting in DcadWin.ini - no joy. We opened other programmes and then opened their Help (in pdf formats) successfully - just not in DCAD. Reluctant to reload DCAD but will do if no other way around this.
Richard Beard
#14895 by MtnArch
Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:06 am
Hi, Richard -

Have you tried loading another PDF writer (such as CutePDF) and re-map the PDF's to open under it?

Just a thought ...
#14898 by Greg Blandin
Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:48 am
I don't think you need to do a full reload of datacad. It probably ask if you want to make changes to the installation.