Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#4803 by FATGIRL
Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:05 pm
WHERE CAN I FIND A LIST OF DEFAULT KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS LIKE:

ALT+G = GEOMETRY
ALT+T = TEXT
ALT+J = 2LINE TRIM

ALSO, I MAY LIKE TO EDIT THIS LIST IN DATADCAD TO SPEED MY NAVIGATION TO VARIOUS MENUS I USE OFTEN. IS THERE A GUIDE TO FOLLOW IN EDITING THE "DCADWIN.MCR"

THANKS
#4805 by joshhuggins
Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:17 pm
Page 670 of the manual has the keyboard shortcuts, and the how to is in the same chapter.
P.S. - EVEN THOUGH MOST OF US USE CAPS LOCK ON ALL DAY, THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE LERKING IN THE DARK PLACES OF THE FORUM WHO WILL ASK YOU NOT TO SHOUT BY USING ALL CAPS. I LOVE TO TALK LOUD, SO I DON'T MIND. :mrgreen:
#4809 by FATGIRL
Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:48 pm
/wispermode/ what manual specificly? the manual i have is a pdf that has only 618 pages :cry: adobe laughs in my face when i look for that 670th page.

also, any word on editing the DCADWIN.MCR

thanks
#4810 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:59 pm
Hello,

Josh made a typo. :P Keyboard shortcuts start on page 570, and the info you want is page 572 (of the actual document), but it is page 584 of 618 in the PDF file; since the TOC and other things are included in the latter. :roll:
#4816 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:52 pm
FATGIRL wrote:...also, any word on editing the DCADWIN.MCR

Hello FatGirl,

My advice is first you make a safety copy of the original DCADWIN.MCR and later edit using Notepad.exe, taking in account the keys already used.

Example:
J^!^;^F9^F5^
//menu 2-Line Trim

The meaning of the signs:
'!' is to identify the viewer position (Ortho or not);
';' is the access to the UTIL 2D menu;
'F9' and 'F5' are the function keys in order to reach the menu/command;
'^' are the separator among keys.

You can learn a lot by examinating the full list.

Hope this helps,
Miguel
#4839 by joshhuggins
Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:11 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:Hello,

Josh made a typo. :P Keyboard shortcuts start on page 570, and the info you want is page 572 (of the actual document), but it is page 584 of 618 in the PDF file; since the TOC and other things are included in the latter. :roll:

The latest version from the website has 724 pages. I would start on pg. 660 (pg. 671 in Acrobat reader) just to get a feel for toolbar shortcuts too. You can get the updated manual here.
#4842 by joshhuggins
Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:15 pm
Hey, it happens to all of us :D Just glad we can all be here to have red faces together :!: (Insert hallmark quote here)